Job Description Overview for Area Manager
To be based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
To be the region’s most innovative and profitable retailer in affordable fashion watches.
Drive the efficient and profitable operation of assigned stores, ensure experience is consistently provided to all customers, store teams are positively led and empowered, quality store operations are maintained, and sales targets are reached or exceeded, efficient and timely roll out of systems, procedures and programs.
1. Area Management:
• Manage and drive the performance of brands and areas.
• Provide support to team in related area for training on specific brand information and roll out of new collections across stores in accordance with brand manager
• Visit shops across different locations for rand Performance Evaluation and Team Support.
2. Financial Controls and Profitability Management:
• Communicate target and objectives for shops (daily, weekly and monthly) with shops managers and seek maximize shops sales.
• Review KPI’s (Daily Sales vs budgets, Stock Reports etc) daily and communicate to Shop Managers as necessary.
• Review KPI results weekly with shops managers in comparison to all stores under area of responsibility.
• Review the overall performance of stores with shops managers and operations manager monthly.
• Benchmark shops against each other, set/reset/clarify objectives and identify Best Practices monthly.
• Conduct competitors’ survey and share with division head.
3. Stock Management:
• Participate in inventory and be part of planning for the next season.
• Review stock availability across all shops and ensure proper rotation of stocks between location
• Provide feedback about customer feedback related to brand and stocks to brand managers and operations manager.
4. Customer Service Management:
• Conduct customer intercepts and get feedback from customers about quality of services
• Review customer complaints and provide support appropriately in addition to communicate as necessary to operations manager.
• Ensure proper aftersales services and customers receive their products on time and in good quality.
• Database management.
5. People Management
• Maintain and enhance the skills of the shops managers at managing individuals and their teams and getting the best out of them.
• Ensure shops teams are trained and coached on selling skills, merchandising & outstanding Customer Service
• Assist in shops recruitment and inductions for new joiners as per level.
• Assess shops managers’ performance and identify their training needs.
• Plan and execute Best Practice with shops managers.
6. Shops Administration:
• Ensure marketing plans are implemented and followed up in stores.
• Ensure all policies are procedures are followed properly
• Ensure all returns, exchanges are made according to policy
• Ensure safety, security and cleanliness of store in accordance with shops managers
• Ensure maintenance of store for all aspects
• Ensure standards and guidelines of visual merchandising are followed and recommend brands positioning and image.