Job Description Overview for Visual Merchandiser
To be based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Provide the most relevant, highest quality, fashion clothing and accessory brands for our customers at any point in time and at the right prices.
Create and appeal visual displays as per standards, such as windows and interiors of stores and at trade exhibitions by using the required tools to contribute in achieving company and division goals.
- Obtain sketches from display franchisers, and discuss their implementation with concerned managers.
- Take photographs of displays and signage.
- Place prices and descriptive signs on backdrops, fixtures, merchandise, or floor.
- Change or rotate window displays, interior display areas, and signage to reflect changes in stocks or promotion as per franchise guidelines.
- Develop ideas or plans for merchandise displays or window decorations.
- Consult with operation manager, marketing and shops managers to determine type of merchandise to be featured and time and place for each display.
- Arrange properties, furniture, backdrops, themes, lighting, colors, and props to be used and other accessories, as shown in prepared sketches.
- Construct display components from fabric, glass, paper, and plastic, using hand tools and woodworking power tools, according to specifications.
- Maintain props and mannequins, inspecting them for imperfections and applying preservative coatings as necessary along with stores staff to install booths, exhibits and displays.
- Store, pack and maintain records of props, and display items.
- Support sales team whenever required.